Breking News Anambra State's Palliative Measures Additional N12,000 Monthly for Workers:
The Governor of Anambra State, Prof. Chukwuma Soludo, has announced a series of palliative measures aimed at alleviating the impact of the recent removal of petroleum subsidy and other economic challenges. The measures include: In response to the recent removal of petroleum subsidies and the economic challenges facing Nigerians, the Governor of Anambra State, Prof. Chukwuma Soludo, has announced a robust package of palliative measures aimed at alleviating the impact on the residents of the state. The comprehensive plan, encompassing financial support, exemptions, and developmental initiatives, is designed to address both short-term and long-term concerns.
Anambra State Governor Unveils Comprehensive Palliative Measures
In response to the recent removal of petroleum subsidies and the economic challenges facing Nigerians, the Governor of Anambra State, Prof. Chukwuma Soludo, has announced a robust package of palliative measures aimed at alleviating the impact on the residents of the state. The comprehensive plan, encompassing financial support, exemptions, and developmental initiatives, is designed to address both short-term and long-term concerns.
Financial Support for Pensioners and Public Servants
The cornerstone of this initiative is the provision of additional financial assistance to individuals who are pensioners and public servants working within Anambra State and its 21 local government areas. Approximately 59,000 people will receive a monthly payment of N12,000 each from September to December 2023. This supplementary income aims to mitigate the financial burden brought about by the removal of petroleum subsidies, which has affected the cost of living for many Nigerians.
Governor Soludo emphasized that this additional payment is in addition to the 10% salary increase that the state government has been providing since January 2023. The salary increase was implemented as a proactive measure to address the rising inflation, demonstrating the state's foresighted approach to economic challenges.
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Apply Online
Exemption from Taxation and Levies
Recognizing the economic struggles faced by vulnerable segments of the population, Governor Soludo announced that individuals with capital amounts less than N100,000 would be exempted from all forms of taxation and levies in the state. This exemption covers various categories, including hawkers, truck pushers, vulcanizers, artisans, okada drivers, and petty traders. This exemption is a strategic step to provide relief to those with limited financial resources and to promote economic activities among these groups.
Economic Partnerships and Collaborations
Governor Soludo expressed his commitment to collaborating with the Federal Government to ensure that the people of Anambra State benefit maximally from the various federal palliative programs. While acknowledging the Federal Government's rollout of palliatives across the country, the governor assured the public that the state would actively engage in these programs to secure the best outcomes for its residents.
The governor also provided insights into the state's broader agenda for development. He stated that the government, built on the foundation of the All Progressives Grand Alliance, places the welfare of ordinary Nigerians at the core of its priorities. In this context, he disclosed that the state government is preparing a comprehensive agenda for 2024 that will address both medium- and longer-term challenges, contributing to a prosperous and livable homeland for all residents.
Sustainable Development Initiatives
Governor Soludo's announcement also included a range of sustainable development initiatives aimed at reducing poverty, fostering economic growth, and improving living standards. Some of these initiatives include:
- The distribution of high-yielding oil palm and coconut seedlings to households, contributing to the creation of a palm-coconut green/industrial ecosystem that will lift families out of poverty and generate wealth.
- A revolving loan scheme with near-zero interest rates, targeting over 100,000 micro-businesses.
- Collaboration with the Federal Government to secure Anambra's share of federal palliatives, such as the cash transfer program and conditional grants for nano business owners.
- Support for MSMEs and startups to access soft loans ranging from N500,000 to N1 million, repayable over a period of 36 months.
- Collaboration with the private sector to secure soft loans for manufacturers, contributing to economic growth.
Anambra State's Palliative Measures: Additional N12,000 Monthly for Workers
- Additional Cash Support: About 59,000 pensioners and public servants working for Anambra State and its 21 local government areas will receive an extra N12,000 each month from September to December 2023. This additional payment is intended to help cushion the effect of the petroleum subsidy removal.
- Salary Increase: The state government has already implemented a 10% salary increase for public servants since January 2023. This increase was a proactive response to the rising inflation.
- Exemption from Taxation: Individuals with less than N100,000 in capital, including hawkers, truck pushers, vulcanizers, artisans, and petty traders, will be exempt from all forms of taxation and levies in the state.
- Distribution of Rice: The state government plans to distribute rice to over 300,000 households across the 326 wards of Anambra. This initiative aims to provide essential food supplies to the residents.
- Partnership with Federal Government: While acknowledging that the Federal Government, under the leadership of President Bola Tinubu, has rolled out a palliative agenda in response to the subsidy removal, Governor Soludo assured that Anambra State will collaborate with the Federal Government to maximize the benefits of these federal programs for its residents.
Anambra Governor Unveils Palliative Measures in Response to Fuel Subsidy Removal
Governor Charles Soludo of Anambra State has taken a proactive stance in addressing the potential impacts of the fuel subsidy removal on his state's residents. In a Facebook post on Monday, Governor Soludo outlined a comprehensive set of palliative measures designed to mitigate the effects of the subsidy removal and provide support to vulnerable segments of the population.
Immediate and Medium-Term Response
Acknowledging that the subsidy removal affects all citizens, especially the unemployed, underemployed youth, and vulnerable individuals, Governor Soludo unveiled a series of immediate and medium-term palliative measures. These measures, scheduled to last for four months from September to December, are formulated within the framework of the state's 2023 budget.
Governor Soludo expressed his commitment to a more comprehensive agenda in the 2024 budget that would address medium- and longer-term issues, aiming to create a more equitable and prosperous environment for all residents of Anambra.
food stamp application form online
Electronic Benefits Transfer EBT Balance Check 2023
Pension and Gratuity Arrears
The governor announced his administration's commitment to resolving the backlog of pension and gratuity arrears inherited from previous administrations. This initiative demonstrates the state's dedication to the welfare of retirees and public servants.
Rice Distribution and Tax Exemptions
To provide immediate relief, Governor Soludo stated that the state government would distribute rice to over 300,000 households across Anambra's 326 wards. In line with his commitment to assisting vulnerable individuals, the governor exempted highly vulnerable persons from all forms of taxation and levies. This category includes hawkers, wheelbarrow and truck pushers, artisans, motorcycle riders, and petty traders with capital of less than N100,000.
My EBT Account Login
Education and Healthcare
Governor Soludo reassured the public of the continuation of the free basic education program, spanning from primary school to junior secondary education, in all public schools. The state government plans to review other levies, fees, and charges in schools to alleviate the burden on students and their sponsors.
Highlighting the importance of healthcare access, the governor announced ambitious plans to build and modernize Primary Healthcare Centers (PHCs) in all 326 wards. This endeavor aims to provide quality healthcare to every resident.
Transportation and Empowerment
In response to transportation challenges, Governor Soludo approved the repair and renovation of public servants' staff buses to enhance mobility. Additionally, the state government plans to apply for the purchase of CNG-fueled buses provided by the Federal government for intra-state transportation, with the goal of reducing transportation costs within Anambra.
To empower farmers and stimulate economic growth, the governor initiated the distribution of oil palm and coconut seedlings to households. This initiative, along with other agricultural support programs, aims to lift households out of poverty and generate wealth.
Empathy, Collaboration, and Progress
Governor Soludo urged landlords to empathize with tenants during challenging times and consider flexible options for rent payment. He emphasized collaboration with the Federal Government to maximize the benefits of federal palliative programs, reflecting his administration's dedication to the well-being of Anambra residents.
As the state prepares for the future, Governor Soludo's multifaceted approach exemplifies his commitment to creating a thriving, equitable, and prosperous homeland for all. The comprehensive range of palliative measures speaks to his vision of responsive governance and upliftment of the people of Anambra.