green card ead renewal processing time (i-485 ead renewal)
If you're waiting for your green card approval and want to renew your Employment Authorization Document (EAD) using Form I-765 while your Form I-485 application is pending, this guide will help you through the process. Renewing your EAD allows you to continue working legally in the United States. Here's what you need to know:
i-485 ead renewal processing time, green card ead renewal processing time, employment authorization card renewal, i-765 renewal, uscis ead renewal, i-485 ead renewal fee, i-765 premium processing, ead renewal checklist,
i-485 EAD Renewal Processing Time
green card ead renewal :- The processing time for renewing your EAD, when filed concurrently with your pending I-485 application, can vary. It's essential to check the USCIS processing times regularly to get an estimate of how long it might take.
Green Card EAD Renewal Processing Time
The processing time for your Green Card EAD renewal also depends on various factors, including USCIS workload and the service center handling your case. You can check the USCIS website for the most up-to-date processing time information.
EAD Renewal Checklist
Before you start the renewal process, make sure you have the following documents and information ready:
- Two Recent Passport Photos: You'll need two identical 2x2 inch photographs taken within the last 30 days. Make sure not to use an old photo, as USCIS may request new ones, causing delays in processing.
- Form I-765: Download and complete Form I-765 (Application for Employment Authorization) from the USCIS website. You can also use apps or software designed to assist with form completion and validation.
- Most Recent I-94 (Optional): Include a copy of your most recent I-94 if you have one. This is typically applicable to individuals using H1B, L, or H4 visas.
- Government-Issued Photo ID: Provide a copy of any one of the following: your passport's front and back pages (with photo and address), your last I-485 EAD (if any), a birth certificate with a photo (e.g., an Indian or Chinese birth certificate with a photograph), or any other national identity document with a photo. U.S. state IDs or driver's licenses are not acceptable.
- Proof of Relationship with Primary Applicant: If your I-485 was filed based on your spouse's employment, include a copy of your marriage certificate in English. If it was filed in the family green card queue, provide a passport page showing your parent's name.
- EAD Eligibility Proof: Depending on your I-485 category, you'll need to include proof of eligibility, such as a primary H1B spouse's I-140 I-797C approval notice for employment-based I-485 or a copy of the I-130 approval for family-based I-485.
- Current EAD Copy for Renewal: If you already have an EAD and are applying for renewal, include a copy of your existing EAD.
- Form G-1145 (Optional but Recommended): To receive notifications from USCIS, use Form G-1145. It allows USCIS to send you SMS or email updates when they receive your application.
Remember that USCIS only accepts black ink pens for forms, and do not staple your documents; use paper clips instead.
EAD Renewal Fees
As of the time of writing this article, there is no fee for filing an I-485 EAD renewal. The application is free of charge.
Birth Certificate Application Form PDF
Biometric - Fingerprints
Expect to receive a biometric appointment notice for fingerprints if you are an adult applicant. You may want to file both your I-485 EAD and Advance Parole (AP) together, especially if they have separate validity periods. In such cases, you'll receive one biometric appointment for both applications.
Apply for SSN with EAD
If you do not currently have a Social Security Number (SSN), select 'No' in Question 13.a. on Form I-765. Then, select 'Yes' for Questions 14 and 15. Fill in Questions 16.a. and 16.b. with your (H4's) father and mother's names to get an SSN card. Your SSN card will be automatically generated and mailed by USPS within 3-4 weeks after your EAD is approved.
By following these steps and providing all the necessary documents, you can successfully renew your Green Card EAD (I-765) while your I-485 application is pending, allowing you to continue working legally in the United States.
10 Vital Loan and Grant Programs Offered by the U.S. Government
Form G1145 Optional but recommended
Use Form G1145 to have USCIS send you an SMS or email after they receive your application. Attach this form to the top of the EAD application package. Only black ink pens are allowed as USCIS uses computer scanning to read the form. Do not staple documents. Use a paper clip to fasten them together.